It’s Friday. It’s been a crappy week.
That’s right, I said it, and I mean it. I got five rejections from literary agents, I didn’t lose an ounce on my weight loss plan, my hair looks like a monkey has been living in it, and my nose continues to run like the participants in the Boston Marathon.
It’s been rough.
Every day this week has been a struggle between my brain and my willpower. I haven’t achieved anything but I’ve listened to six episodes of Gilmore Girls while I’ve worked. Nobody has died yet, so there’s something I guess.
How To Survive A Crappy Week
1) Realize it has only been one week. Fortunately for us, life is normally more than a week long. Take this one in stride, forgeddabout it, and move on.
2) Go to bed earlier tonight. Because you probably need the rest to start fresh with a new day tomorrow.
3) Stop looking at facebook. Because it is really fakebook. And there are lot of misspelled memes that are totally depressing.
4) Like Taylor Swift said, shake it off. Be honest – it’s been rough, it’s been tough, and you’ve been steamrolled. Recall Step 1.
5) Either change one thing that is not working, or continue on. Quite often the road to success is paved with the daily grinding of action and continual moving forward, gaining strength, gaining momentum. Keep it up. Keep going. If you see results that indicate you are hurting, losing momentum, losing experience, actually fumbling and doing something wrong, then take some days to figure out how to Do It Better, and then begin again. The worst you can do is give up. Sometimes failure masquerades as disappointment. Learn from the feelings and differentiate between boredom and error. Pick up the ball, tuck it into your chest, and run like fire.
So there. That’s my tough love moment for the week.
It is okay if you don’t share this blog, because I know that nobody is actually reading it. But I wrote something today, and this is it, so again, recall Step 3 and 4.
Now for some coffee and Gilmore Girls.
Sign up here to receive an email notification about new blog posts and news! Let me come to you. I promise, no spam!
Please note that you will receive a confirmation email. Simply click the "Yes, subscribe me to this list" button to begin receiving updates from me.